Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Art of Photography

Chris and I recently bought a camera and after we brought it home and started taking pictures with it I realized that I don't know the first thing about photography. I have never taken a class in photography and im usually a point and shoot kind of a person. Since this camera is of a nicer quality I thought it was time I learned something about photography and how to make my pictures look more artistic and of a higher quality. Chris gave me my first task of going around the apartment and finding ordinary objects and displaying them in a creative way. After experimenting and going around to different objects this is what I came up with:

A pie dish
A couch pillow

The side of our kitchen table

Glass serveware that holds canola oil

A button on my sweater

A kettle
What do you think? I have to say that this task was very fun but challenging. I am definitely a beginner with much to learn about photography. Do you have any advice that can help me on my way to becoming a better photographer?

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I really like the pictures! I am really jealous of the camera that you and Chris have. I am by no means a proffesional photographer either, but I just go around into different sceneries and try my eye at setting up a photo. Sometimes I'll just go for a run, other times I'll head up to the park. The more photos you take, the more you will begin to see a good shot.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete